Friday, April 30, 2010

Operation Ivy - Energy (1990)


"All I know is that I don't know, all I know is that I don't know nothing."

Operation Ivy is regarded as one of the most important bands of the third wave of ska. Despite their extremely short career, they have certainly made their name known in the music industry. Operation Ivy created a strong foundation for the ska punk sound that would be used by and built upon by numerous bands in the 90s. After the band broke up, guitarist Tim Armstrong and bassist Matt Freeman went on to form Rancid. Operation Ivy's only album Energy was released on vinyl as a 19 song album and rerelased on CD with the Hectic EP and other tracks as a bonus.

1) Knowledge
2) Sound System
3) Jaded
4) Take Warning
5) The Crowd
6) Bombshell
7) Unity
8) Vulnerability
9) Bankshot
10) One of these Days
11) Gonna Find You
12) Bad Town
13) Smiling
14) Caution
15) Freeze Up
16) Artificial Life
17) Room Without a Window
18) Big City
19) Missionary
20) Junkie's Runnin' Dry
21) Here We Go Again
22) Hoboken
23) Yellin in my Ear
24) Sleep Long
25) Healthy Body
26) Officer
27) I Got No

Myspace
Download

No comments: