Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bathory - Blood Fire Death (1988)


I've had this album for a while now and I never though much of it. However, I gave Blood Fire Death a listen a few days ago and I wanted to slap myself in the face for not realizing that this is among the best black metal albums ever! For a black metal album, the guitar work is mind blowing. High-speed shredding is one of the last things I'd expect from the album that started the viking metal movement. Hell, Blood Fire Death has more in common with thrash than black metal! If you aren't a fan of black metal, but you do like excellent guitar work that can be found in thrash and death metal, then I would recommend that you check out this album.

1) Oden's Ride Over Nordland
2) A Fine Day To Die
3) The Golden Walls of Heaven
4) Pace 'Till Death
5) Holocaust
6) For All Those Who Died
7) Dies Irae
8) Blood Fire Death
9) Outro

Myspace
Download (Mediafire)
Download (Megaupload)

No comments: